With 20+ years of experience, Dr. Vivek Vij is one of the most sought-after liver surgeons in India known for expertise in Liver Transplantation & Hepatobiliary Sciences. He and his team is recognized for conducting more than 4000+ cumulative liver transplants with minimum possible complications. He is currently the Director of ‘Liver transplant and Gastrointestinal Surgery’ at Fortis Group of Hospitals..
- Dr. Vivek Vij is a pioneering liver transplant surgeon credited with developing living donor surgery and standardizing safety protocols to achieve a 100% donor safety profile since the time of its inception in the country.
- He is the first surgeon from the Indian subcontinent to publish a series of laparoscopic Donor Hepatectomy in 'Liver Transplantation'.
- He is the founder of Liver transplantation and Hepatobiliary Sciences in Fortis group of Hospitals, starting a highly successful liver transplant programme initially at its Noida centre and then at Mohali.
Recognized for liver transplants with the lowest biliary complication rate, Dr. Vivek Vij is applauded for minimum expenses on post-operative biliary complications. He aims to take Liver Transplant in India to a much higher level by improving basic research facilities for high-end research.
Areas Of Interest
- Liver Transplant
- Hepato-Biliary Pancreatic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Living Donor Hepatectomy
- Advanced Upper & Lower GI Surgery
- Adult & Paediatric Liver Transplant
- Complex Liver Surgery
- Advanced Pancreato-biliary Surgeries
- Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgeries
- Basic Science Research and Regenerative Medicine