Rhinoplasty Surgery: For Anyone Considering Nose Job
Have you ever glanced in the mirror and felt that something is not quite right about your nose? And you wonder how to fix it! In this case, rhinoplasty may be the last resort option.
Rhinoplasty, also known as a "nose job," is a surgical procedure that can improve the overall appearance of your nose as well as your facial aesthetic.
This can also solve breathing issues due to structural defects like deviated nasal septum in your nose. If you are interested to know more about rhinoplasty, then you are on the right page.
Here we will discuss the same with our panel of rhinoplasty surgery specialists in India.
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a procedure that can change the appearance of the nose. The upper part of the nose is made of bone, while the lower part is made of cartilage. It can alter bone, cartilage, and skin as well.
Rhinoplasty may be performed to ease out breathing or change the look of the nose, or both.
Your surgeon will evaluate your other facial characteristics like the skin on your nose, and what you want to change while considering rhinoplasty.
Types of rhinoplasty available in India-
Rhinoplasty uses a variety of procedures, and the procedure differs from person to person. Following a thorough consultation with our doctor, you can proceed with the operations without any worry in your head.
In India, mostly four kinds of rhinoplasty procedures are performed including-
Closed rhinoplasty: This procedure uses a conservative approach to rhinoplasty. It aids in bringing about tiny modifications in your nose.
- There is no visible scarring because the incisions are made inside the nose.
- Improved recuperation time
- There are fewer risks of contracting an infection.
- The length of time spent in the hospital is reduced.
- Following surgery, there was less edema or swelling.
Open rhinoplasty: this is a procedure that involves making a small incision in the skin above the columella( the space between the nostrils). To get a good view of the bone and cartilaginous tissues around your nose, the surgeon will elevate the flap. The open rhinoplasty procedure is excellent for persons who:
- who require a significant modification in their nasal structure
- who have a deviated septum or cartilage in their nose
- those who require more precise nasal tip alterations
-the person who does not want any bulge or elevated portion over the nasal bridge.
Revision rhinoplasty- If the patient is unhappy with the results of the first rhinoplasty, a secondary or revision rhinoplasty is performed. This corrective surgery is performed to address minor concerns that were not fixed following the initial operation.
Liquid rhinoplasty- Dermal fillers are injected beneath the skin to perform liquid rhinoplasty. The majority of derma fillers are comprised of hyaluronic acid. This is done to make minor adjustments to your nose. This rhinoplasty can only be done by board-certified plastic surgeons and dermatologists.
The results of this operation may be temporary as the dermal fillers may disperse under the skin over time, and the outcome can be reversed. If you want long-term treatment, you may need to undergo further surgeries in addition to this.
Also, Read - How Much Is a Nose Job In Korea?
What are the changes you can have in your nose with rhinoplasty?
Through rhinoplasty, you can fix
-nose size in relation to facial features
-position of the nostrils
-enlarged nasal tips
-bulbous, upturned, or drooping nasal tip
-asymmetry of the nose
-nose bridge with humps
-width of the nasal bridge
Also, Read - Plastic Surgery In Korea: Procedure, Cost All You Need To Know
Why do you need to undergo rhinoplasty?
As per the nose correction surgery specialist in India, the size, shape, appearance, and proportions of your nose can all be altered through rhinoplasty. It may be used
- to fix any structural or functional abnormalities caused by an injury,
- cure a congenital condition
- or alleviate breathing problems.
How the surgery is performed?
Rhinoplasty can be performed under local anesthetic with sedation or under general anesthesia, depending on the complexity of the procedure and the preference of your physician.
Before surgery, you can have a conversation with your doctor about which type of anesthetic is best for you.
- For rhinoplasty, the cut can be placed either inside your nose or by a small external cut (incision) between your nostrils at the base of your nose.
- The bone and cartilage beneath your skin will be realigned by your surgeon depending on the anomaly you have.
- Your surgeon can alter the form of your nasal bones or cartilage in a variety of ways depending on how much needs to be added or removed and the structure of your nose.
- The surgeon may use cartilage from the deeper portion of your nose or from your ear for minor corrections.
- The surgeon can use cartilage from your rib, implants, and from other parts of your body to make greater alterations.
- After these adjustments, the surgeon stitches the incisions in your nose and replaces the nose's skin and tissue.
Also, Read - Cochlear Implant Cost in India - Treatment Procedure
What can you expect after rhinoplasty?
- Following surgery, you need to take bed rest with raised head posture( head should be above your chest level) to reduce the swelling and bleeding (epistaxis).
- Your surgeon may place a splint on your nose for support. It should be placed for about one week.
- Do not place the drip pad or gauze tightly under your nose. It should be placed gently to absorb drainage.
- Avoid running, jumping, or vigorous activities.
- Brush gently and try to limit the movement or stretching of the upper lips.
- Try not to blow your nose.
- Your diet should be enriched with high-fiber foods to avoid constipation as this may put a strain on your nose.
- Try not to smile or laugh loudly at least for a few weeks.
- Do not wet the surgery site.
- You should keep an ice pack with you.
How long does rhinoplasty take to recover from?
The patient may be required to stay in the hospital for up to a week following the procedure. Though it would take 2–3 weeks for complete healing.
Why should you consider getting rhinoplasty surgery in India?
India is the most favored place for cosmetic plastic surgery for three major reasons.
- India's cutting-edge technology,
- medical skills,
- Board-certified and experienced rhinoplasty surgery doctors in India, a few of them are also nominated with ‘center of excellence awards.
- India’s hospitable environment,
- Nose plastic surgery costs in India are lesser than similar surgery costs in other countries, which ensures the quality of cosmetic surgery in India is at par with the other countries around the globe.
How can we help you with the treatment?
If you need to undergo Rhinoplasty Treatment in India, we act as your guide throughout your treatment journey and will be present physically with you even before your treatment is started. We will provide you with the following:
- Expert physicians and surgeon’s opinions
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are committed to providing the best health care services to our patients. We have a team of trained and highly dedicated health experts who will be there by your side right from the beginning of your journey.
Conclusion- In India, we have world-class hospitals that offer the most advanced cosmetic treatment options that exceed international standards. So, if you're thinking of taking a trip for nose reshaping surgery in India, you can count on us. Our effectiveness as a center for cosmetic surgery in India has been demonstrated by our medical treatment outcomes and patient satisfaction.