How To Reverse Colon Cancer?
Colorectal cancer is highly treatable and often curable when treated early. However, colorectal cancer has become quite common among the aging population. Dietary changes and lifestyle choices are often proved vital after the medical treatment. This blog has tried to provide an overview of the preferred dietary choices to keep your colon healthy. Continue reading to learn more.
Importance of diet to prevent colorectal cancer:
Colorectal cancer is more common in older people, but there are many additional risk factors that contribute to its occurrences, such as hereditary and lifestyle factors.
Among the latter, one of the most frequently stated risk factors is diet — especially, bad dietary habits, which frequently contribute to obesity.
Below, we look at which foods and minerals have been linked to an increased risk of colorectal cancer, as well as which types of diet have been linked to its prevention.
What are the foods to eat?
- Dairy products are must-Dairy products high in calcium can reduce the risk of colon growth and colorectal cancer. Calcium supplements could also be beneficial. Consult your doctor about what is best for you.
- Keep colorful fruits and green veggies on your plate- These contain natural compounds (phytochemicals) that may inhibit cancer cell proliferation or battle inflammation that might fuel cancer. You can count on broccoli, cabbage, and vitamin-C-rich fruits like oranges.
- Say ‘yes’ to beans- These and other legumes such as soybeans, peas, and lentils are high in fiber, protein, and vitamins B and E. They also include flavonoids, which can prevent tumor growth, as well as antioxidants that may help protect you from colon cancer.
- Add whole grains too- These are high in nutrients and fiber, as well as a rich source of magnesium. They keep your feces flowing and may pick up cancer-causing substances in your colon along the way. Attempt to consume 90 grams of whole grains like oatmeal, and brown rice every day.
Also, Read - 18 Foods That Fight Colon Cancer
What are the foods to avoid?
- Limiting alcohol-One drink every now and then does not appear to increase your chances of developing colon cancer. However, moderate to heavy drinking (two or three glasses per day) can increase your odds of getting it by 20%, and heavy drinking can increase your chances by 40%. If you drink more than three drinks per day, talk to your doctor about getting screened for colorectal cancer.
- Processed food is a big ‘no’-These are meats that have been smoked, cured, salted, or chemically preserved. Consider hot dogs, bacon, ham, bologna, and canned lunch meat. Consuming these types of meats on a regular basis can increase your risk of both colon and stomach cancer.
- Avoid having red meat- A diet high in red meat, such as beef, hog, and lamb, may increase your risk of colorectal cancer, but researchers aren't sure why. It could be due to the meat itself, or it could be caused by cancer-causing chemicals that arise when it's cooked at high temperatures.
Also, Read - How To Beat Colon Cancer Naturally?
Foods you should eat after the treatment of colon cancer?
A study suggests that eating a minimum of 2 ounces (about 57 grams) of tree nuts — such as cashews, hazelnuts, and walnuts can cut the risk of colon cancer recurrence in people who had stage three cancer therapy almost in half. Consumption of tree nuts also lowered the risk of death after therapy by 53%.
Why should you consider getting colon cancer treatment in India?
India is the most favored place for cancer treatment operations for a few major reasons.
- India's cutting-edge techniques,
- Research studies and successful implications in the health care sector
- NABH accredited hospitals
- Assured quality care
- medical skills, and
- Colon cancer treatment costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of cancer treatments in India.
By simply packing their medical journey to India, colon cancer treatment can substantially benefit the patient. We also offer a comprehensive range of counseling for coping with changes to our national and international patients as well.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of a colon cancer treatment hospital in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality healthtrip and care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.