Hernia Surgery Treatment in India
Recommended Doctors for Hernia Surgery View All
Treatment Price on request
27 years SURGERIES :
15000+ TREATMENT COST
Treatment Price on request
Treatment Staring at $2,200Send Reports
Treatment Staring at $2,200
17 years SURGERIES :
NA TREATMENT COST
Starting at $2,200
Hernia surgery in India
- Hernia surgery cost in India is around USD 1800-3000, which varies depending upon various factors.
- There is an 85% hernia surgery success rate in India.
- Some of the experienced doctors for hernia Surgery Appointment in India are Dr. Sanjay Verma , Dr. Manoj Aggarwal, and Dr.Amit K Devra. Some of the best hospitals are Fortis Escorts hospital and Jaypee hospital.
- It is a one to three days procedure in the hospital, and patients need to stay for almost fifteen days in India.
It is a medical condition in which the patient's body organ thrust forward from its original place. hernia can be both congenital as well as acquired. Some of the most common types of hernia are inguinal, incisional, femoral, umbilical, and hiatal.
- Inguinal hernia: The bladder or the intestine extends through the abdominal wall into the inguinal canal in the groin.
- Incisional hernia: This type of hernia is most common in elderly or overweight people where the intestine pushes through the abdominal wall as a result of some previous abdominal surgery.
- Femoral hernia: This occurs mostly in women who are pregnant or obese. It happens when the intestine enters the femoral canal carrying the femoral artery into the upper thigh.
- Umbilical hernia: Umbilical hernia occurs when part of the small intestine passes through the abdominal wall near the navel.
- Hiatal hernia: When the upper stomach squeezes through the patient's body organ, the situation is called Hiatal hernia.
Symptoms of Hernia
Some of the symptoms that indicate the possibility of hernia are as follows:
- If you feel pain while lifting heavy objects, this might indicate hernia.
- Bulge or swelling in the Groin or Scrotum is the most common symptom of hernia.
- A mild aching or itching sensation in the bulging area
- If the size of the bulging area increases, this is also an indication of hernia.
- Bowel obstruction
- Nausea and vomiting
Causes of Hernia
Some of the common causes of hernia are:-
- Age and obesity
- Poor nutrition and smoking
- Sometimes pregnancy which puts pressure on your abdomen
- Heavy lifting
- Fluid in the abdomen
- Damage from injury or surgery
- Frequent urination
- Chronic coughing
- Physical exertion
Thorough body analysis is generally enough to diagnose hernia because swelling can be detected while standing straight. A hernia can be assumed if the doctor places his hand directly over it and puts force on it. And chronic coughing with a bulge is a clear indication of hernia. However, in some of the cases, some tests are performed to diagnose this condition, which are as follows:
- Ultrasound: It is a process of using high-frequency waves to get a clear picture of the inner structure of the body. Ultrasound enables the doctor to detect the hernia.
- Barium X-ray: Sometimes, doctors do not get clear images of the inner body through x-ray, which makes it difficult to diagnose the condition. Barium x-ray helps in getting clear images of the part where there is the chance of hernia.
- Endoscopy: Endoscopy involves threading a small camera attached with a tube down into the throat and the food pipe and stomach.
Bid adieu to hernia with the best treatment in India. Surgery is the best way to get rid of the problem of hernia when a part of the intestine bulges through a weak muscle. The situation becomes acute when the portion gets stuck in the area where it got swelled, which eventually slows down the supply of blood in that particular part. Surgery is a suitable solution for Inguinal hernias to ease the pain and prevent complications as a result of hernia. There are two methods of surgery which are as follows:-
A single large incision (3-4 inch) in the hernia region, under general anesthesia, is made. The incision extends through the skin to get to the level of the hernia. The parts that get bulged out through the weak muscle are pushed back or reduced back through the hole. Another incision is required if the hernia is present on both sides.
Laparoscopic hernia repair
Doctors perform laparoscopic hernia repair with the help of a small video camera. They make three tiny incisions in the abdominal wall and insert the camera through one incision. This technique involves no cutting. To repair a defect or hole, doctors put a surgical mesh.
Factors Affecting Cost of Hernia Surgery
- Condition of the patient– Conditions of the patient decides the cost of the surgery. More resources are required if the situation is critical.
- The fee of the surgeon– The cost is also affected by the charges of the surgeon.
Hospital stay– Stay in the hospital is an essential factor that impacts the overall cost of the surgery.
I got to know about hospals, when I was looking for my hernia surgery in India, through its website. Most genuine service till date. My family and I were happy with the professionalism and the way they treat all their patients of Hospals. From flight booking to hotel booking, all the things were managed by Hospals. The charges of the Hospals are pocket friendly and amazing against the services provided by them.
- Arif Azam, Oman
The packages offered by Hospals were great and also helped me in reducing my overall expenses. Our only task was to make a call to the Hospals team and they demanded some details. They assured us safety and attended us really well. My surgery was successful and I am leading a very healthy life now.
- Aadya Nissan, Bangladesh
Hospals was there with us from the start till the end during my hernia surgery in India. You can put all your trust in hospals, and they shall never disappoint you like they attended us. When I came across a personalised package from Hospals for one of the best hospitals in Mumbai specialising hernia treatment, I took a leap of faith.
- Faroq Alam, UAE
I had to come to a country I knew nothing about for medical reasons. I was looking for a platform to provide professional help from start till the end. Hospals came to our rescue and everything was taken care of.
- Kungawo Nkosi, South Africa
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?