Types of Medical Tourism - Know It All
Millions of individuals travel abroad for medical care, ranging from dental work to major heart surgery to liposuction, all for a fraction of the cost in their native country. Medical tourism generates billions of dollars worldwide each year. The number of trips in the wellness tourism market in India reached 56 million in 2017. When compared to 2015, this was a huge rise. This pattern was predicted to persist in the next years.
In this blog, we have helped you to understand medical tourism, medical tourist, types of health tourism, and many more.
Going abroad for medical care and treatment: is it worth it?
There are several reasons why people travel for health or medical reasons. However, most individuals attempt this for-
- Inadequate access to trained or professional doctors in their own country, as well as dependable and cutting-edge treatment technologies in foreign countries.
- Economic goal
- Delay in Treatment
- Non-approval of a certain therapy in a given nation
What are the types of medical tourism in India?
The three main types of medical tourism categories i.e well known in health and wellness sectors are mentioned below-
- Outbound- Outbound travel occurs when patients go from their own nation to a foreign country for medical care.
- Inbound-Inbound travel occurs when patients go from a foreign nation to their own country for medical treatment.
- Domestic- There is no international travel involved, and people seek medical assistance from one section of their own country to another.
Apart from the above-mentioned treatment categories, there are various kinds of medical tourism based on the demand of international patients.
- Bariatric surgery: Bariatric or weight reduction surgery necessitates the use of highly qualified professional specialists or surgeons. However, not every country has a suitably qualified specialist or even the necessary equipment to do this type of operation. As a result, in the event of this procedure, the majority of patients choose medical tourism.
- Treatment for infertility: In the case of fertility treatments, people frequently seek medical tourism. So, the major reason is that when it comes to fertility therapy, individuals want the finest choice and do not want to take chances.
- Dental or Dentistry: People frequently seek dental healthcare outside of their own nation or local healthcare systems. Their home nation may be deficient in ever-improving amenities.
- Orthopedics: Orthopedics is one of the most often requested among the top ten forms of medical tourism. People may pursue medical tourism in order to treat their musculoskeletal system.
- Plastic/cosmetic surgery: Doctors attend to a person's look for cosmetic or plastic surgery to erase indications of age or to modify or better. This necessitates the use of highly sophisticated technical techniques and devices. These procedures may not be performed at every hospital. As a result, most people who seek this type of surgery fly to other nations.
- Cardiology: Medical tourism may be used to treat congenital heart problems, coronary artery disease, heart failure, as well as Electrophysiology. A country may lack the necessary training or competent cardiologists. As a result, a person might go to a foreign nation to be treated for a cardiac condition.
- Eye surgery: Eye surgery is a high-risk procedure. People may rely on professional surgeons' dexterity and training. All countries lack the necessary equipment and experts to undertake such procedures. As a result, individuals must fly to foreign nations to get the greatest possibilities.
- Ears, nose, and throat (Ears, Nose, and Throat): ENT operations need a large amount of sophisticated equipment and technology. As a result, most individuals fly to other nations to get such procedures.
- Organ transplantation: Organ transplants involve a great deal of danger, and surgeons should handle these surgeries with the greatest equipment available.
Why should you consider getting treatment in India?
India is the most favoured place for cancer treatment operations for a few major reasons.
- India's cutting-edge techniques,
- NABH accredited hospitals
- Assured quality care
- medical skills, and
- The overall treatment costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
By simply packing their medical journey to India, healthcare provided in India can substantially benefit the patient. We also offer a comprehensive range of counseling for coping with changes to our national and international patients as well.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of quality care, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.