Suffering UTI or Kidney Infection?- Here Is What You Need To Know
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with UTI(urinary tract infection), then you know how uncomfortable it is! Your doctor might have prescribed you a ton of antibiotics.
The urinary tract consists of a pair of kidneys, ureter, bladder, and urethra. A UTI can happen anywhere in the tract. As per nephrologists, the same infection can spread to your kidney too.
If you have had a history of UTIs, then you should know what to look for in a kidney infection as well.
Continue reading to learn more about kidney infection symptoms and UTIs, the difference between them, and many more.
What is UTI?
When bacteria or infections enter the urinary system and multiply, a urinary tract infection (commonly known as a "UTI") occurs. Redness, swelling, and discomfort are the end results.
What are the symptoms of UTI Vs symptoms of kidney infection?
The symptoms of a UTI vary depending on the location of the infection. A kidney infection might exhibit many similar symptoms like UTIs. Some of the urinary tract infections include:
- Painful urine discharge
- Burning sensation while passing urine
- Cloudy urine
- Blood in the urine
- Feeling to urinate very frequently
- Abdominal disturbances
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, the following symptoms indicate that the infection has spread to the kidneys.
- Fever with chills
- Pain at the lower back or side region
What do you mean by kidney infection anyway?
A kidney infection is essentially a urinary tract infection that has progressed to the kidneys. While this form of infection is uncommon, it is extremely hazardous, and if you're suffering any of the symptoms of a kidney infection, seek medical attention immediately.
If left untreated can cause chronic kidney disease and permanent kidney damage.
How do you know that you have UTI?
Your doctor will order a ‘urine analysis’ for you. Your health care provider will get to know which bacteria are present after the urine culture. Based on the test results, your doctor will prescribe antibiotics for you.
Sometimes, antibiotic sensitivity tests can be done to choose the effective antibiotic for you.
When to seek medical advice?
Any signs of UTI or kidney infection should be reported to a doctor. Antibiotics are usually enough to get rid of both of them.
UTIs in children can also happen. A child with a high temperature, as well as older persons experiencing confusion, hallucinations, or fresh falls, requires immediate medical attention. You should watch out for these signs of a urinary tract infection.
What is the treatment protocol for women who get repeated UTIs?
Women who develop UTIs frequently like three or more times per year should see a doctor. Generally, one or a combination of the following suggestions can be made:
- Taking mild dosages of antibiotics on a regular basis for at least six months
- After having sex, take a single dose of antibiotic
- When symptoms appear, take an antibiotic for one or two days.
Treatment for UTI vs treatment for kidney infection-
- Your doctor will advise large spectrum antibiotics that work against a large range of antibiotics for kidney infections and UTIs as well.
- Complete the antibiotic course prescribed by your doctor
- The treatment for kidney infection can continue from one to two weeks.
- For a pregnant patient, repeated urine analysis is advised in the follow-up appointments.
- Your doctor will make sure that all the stronger bacteria get killed. And no such bacteria is present. Persistent infection can harm your baby otherwise.
Other than the above-mentioned treatment protocol, you should -
- drink plenty of fluids to aid healing and remove bacteria from your urinary tract.
- to reduce pain, take over-the-counter medications such as ibuprofen.
- Use a heating pad to relieve pain in your abdomen, back, or side.
- Avoid coffee and alcohol, as these can make you feel like you need to urinate more frequently.
Why should you consider getting kidney infection treatment in India?
India is the most favored place for renal treatment operations for a few major reasons. And if you are searching for the best renal hospital in India, we will help you out to find the same.
- India's cutting-edge techniques,
- Advanced medical diagnostic equipment
- medical skills, and
- UTI or kidney infection treatment costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of renal infection treatment in India.
Conclusion-By simply packing their medical journey to India, renal treatment can substantially benefit the patient.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of a renal treatment hospital in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.