Knowing the Liver Transplant Success Rate in India
A liver transplant can give you a second chance in life when your liver is failing. The treatment entails the surgical removal of your entire liver. A healthy donor liver is then used to replace it completely or partially. This could come from either a living or deceased donor. However, having a healthy liver is crucial to increasing the longevity of the recipient. This can increase the liver transplant success rate as well. Here we’ve discussed the same.
Introduction to Liver Transplant
A liver transplant is a surgical procedure that replaces a sick liver with a healthy liver from someone else. An entire liver or a portion of one can be transplanted. In most situations, a healthy liver will come from a brain-dead organ donor.
The liver is the only organ in the body capable of replacing lost or damaged tissue (regenerating). The donor's liver will quickly return to normal size after surgery. The replacement liver component will also expand to normal size in a few weeks.
Why do you need a liver transplant?
A doctor may recommend a liver transplant for someone with end-stage liver disease. Without a transplant, a person with this illness will die. If other treatments for liver illness aren't keeping a person alive, a doctor may recommend a liver transplant.
Liver transplants may be an option if you have chronic liver disease or if your liver fails quickly. Cirrhosis is the leading cause of adult liver transplants. It causes damaged liver tissue to replace healthy liver tissue. Cirrhosis has several causes, including:
- Abuse of alcohol
- chronic hepatitis B or hepatitis C.
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- Hepatitis auto-immune
- Biliary atresia is a neonatal liver condition.
- metabolic problems
Other variables will be considered by your medical team when assessing if you require a liver transplant. This includes
- The condition of your liver
- You may be suffering from additional medical issues.
- TB and chronic illnesses such as HIV
- Your entire physical state
- Your mental health
- level of assistance from family or friends
- A doctor will consider whether performing a liver transplant will be effective in extending a person's life. A person may not be a good candidate for a transplant if they have other chronic diseases that could interfere with its effectiveness.
- A person with cancer that has spread to other parts of the body or who has serious heart difficulties. If a person has cirrhosis as a result of alcoholism, their ability to stop drinking is evaluated as part of the transplant planning process.
Knowing the liver transplant success rate in India:
Liver transplantation is a highly successful procedure, with in-hospital survival or success rates exceeding 95% at modern and well-equipped liver transplant clinics. This indicates that 95 people recover and are released in good health after receiving a liver transplant.
This extremely demanding treatment carries a 3-5 percent risk of death. The main dangers include infections and rejection after a liver transplant.
Furthermore, the long-term success rate of the liver transplant is very high, with a survival rate of 65-70 percent 15-20 years after the operation. Patients, including children and athletes, live normal lives and can resume ordinary activities 3-6 months after surgery.
Why should you consider getting liver transplant treatment in India?
For a few major reasons, India is the most favored place for various treatments and operations.
- India's cutting-edge techniques,
- NABH accredited hospitals
- assured quality care.
- medical skills, and
- Our liver transplant costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of liver transplant treatments in India.
The patient can substantially benefit from the treatment by simply packing for their medical journey to India. We also offer a comprehensive range of counseling for coping with changes to our national and international patients as well.
How can we help with the treatment?
If you are in search of a liver transplant treatment hospital in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance with hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangements for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.