Having A Tummy Tuck? All You Need To Know Before Getting One
Are you sick of doing situps and downloading all of the fitness apps on your smartphone but still not seeing the results you want? Whatever you do, when those loose flabby skin in your tummy does not respond to your strict diet chart or exercise, you should consider having an abdominoplasty or ‘tummy-tuck’. However, if you're thinking about getting this body sculpting surgery, you should know what to expect before, during, and after the treatment. In this blog, we are going to discuss the same with our panel of tummy tuck surgery doctors in India.
What is a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, is a cosmetic surgical surgery that improves the shape and appearance of the abdomen.
Excess skin and fatty tissues are removed from your abdomen during a tummy tuck. Sutures are frequently used to tighten connective tissue in the abdomen (fascia). The leftover skin is then relocated to give the appearance of a more toned appearance.
Types of abdominoplasty performed in India:
Following are the types of abdominoplasty, performed under general anesthesia.
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Complete abdominoplasty
Why do you need a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty?
You may have extra stubborn fat, poor skin elasticity, or weakened flabby tissue in your abdomen for a variety of causes including-
-Changes in weight that are significant
-after C-section surgery
-Your body type at birth
A tummy tuck can tighten the weak fascia and remove loose, extra skin and fat. Extra flabby skin in the lower abdomen below the belly button may be removed with a tummy tuck.
How can you prepare for surgery?
As suggested by the experts from tummy tuck surgery hospitals in India, it is important to consider the following factors before deciding to have this cosmetic procedure:
- Do your research a bit.
- Make an appointment with your preferred surgeon for a full consultation.
- Consider the disadvantages and benefits of undergoing a body sculpting procedure.
Decide whether or not to include Liposuction, as they are frequently done at the same time to shorten recovery times.
Apart from this, before having a tummy tuck, you need to
-visit your doctor for physical check-ups,
-undergo multiple tests
-reduce alcohol intake
-stop taking certain medications that can affect your surgery
-maintain a healthy weight and
-start arrangements for house help(if you need any) during the recovery period.
How is a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty performed?
- Anesthesia- If you are put under anesthesia for this surgical process, you will not feel any pain. It could be general anesthesia or intravenous sedation administered through the IV ports in your hand.
- Incision- A horizontal incision is made from one hip bone to the next, between the belly button and the pubic hairline, for the stomach tuck surgery.
The length of the incision is decided by the quantity of loose or saggy skin that needs to be removed.
- Your surgeon will fix those weakened abdominal muscles after making the incision and raising the abdominal skin.
- If you get a total abdominoplasty, your surgeon may make a second incision around your navel in addition to the first to remove excess skin in the upper abdomen.
- Sutures or skin adhesive tapes are used to close the incision.
What can you expect after having abdominoplasty?
- After having a tummy tuck surgery, the operative site and the belly button will be covered with a medicated dressing.
- The surgical tube drains are placed at the incision site to remove extra fluids or blood.
- Your doctor will prescribe pain medications, antibiotics.
- To help prevent blood clots, members of your health care team will assist you in walking as soon as the day after your belly tuck.
- After surgery, drains may be left in place for several days. Your doctor or another member of your healthcare team will demonstrate how to empty and maintain your drains. As long as the drains are in place, you may need to continue taking antibiotics.
How can we help you during the recovery period?
- Most patients will need to spend a few nights in the hospital. Our staff will drive you home and remain with you for the next 24 hours.
- You will be given a pressure garment for tummy-control pants to wear for the next 6 weeks in order to help your skin heal properly and reduce any swelling. Our staff will help you out during your follow-up visits.
- You'll need to take a 4- to 6-week break from work and avoid exercising.
- After the operation, you won't be allowed to drive for a few weeks (your surgeon and medical personnel can advise you about this).
It takes about 6 weeks to fully recover from a belly tuck and see the complete outcome.
Why should you consider getting tummy tuck surgery in India?
India is the most favored place for orthopedic surgical treatment operations for three major reasons.
- India's cutting-edge technology,
- medical skills,
- Board-certified and experienced cosmetic surgeons,
- India’s hospitable environment.
- Abdominoplasty surgery costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality health care.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you need to undergo abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgery in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.
Conclusion- if you believe that you need to undergo abdominoplasty surgery in India, and are planning to travel for getting cosmetic surgeries, you should consider visiting India.