Gastric Bypass Surgery: How It Is Done? Why Do You Need It?
If you've tried healthy eating habits, and a regular exercise routine, and are tired of taking diet pills but still haven't seen any results, you may want to consider the bariatric surgery known as Gastric Bypass, which is very popular these days. Before undergoing such a procedure you need to know the benefits, what can you expect after the surgery, and many more. In this blog, we are going to discuss the same with our experts practicing bariatric bypass surgery in India.
Understanding Gastric bypass surgery-
Gastric bypass surgery shrinks the stomach and it can contain a limited amount of food, resulting in weight loss. The procedure also affects the levels of hunger-controlling hormones. You are less prone to overeat as a result of this.
Why do you need gastric bypass surgery?
Our team of professionals specializes in weight loss surgery. We'll work with you to choose the most effective weight-loss technique for your specific goals and requirements. Apart from the weight loss, it can also reduce the chances of developing health-related issues like-
- High blood pressure
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Type-2 diabetes
- Heart diseases like stroke
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease(GERD)
How is the surgery performed?
Before the procedure, you will be given a general anesthetic, so that you feel ‘sleepy’ during surgery.
As suggested by our doctors specializing in gastric bypass surgery in India, some procedures require traditional large (open) abdominal incisions. The majority, however, are done laparoscopically, which entails putting devices into the abdomen through many small incisions called ports.
- Your surgeon cuts across the top of your stomach, sealing it off from the rest of your stomach, after making the incisions with an open or laparoscopic approach.
- The resulting pouch is roughly the size of a walnut and can only carry around an ounce of food. Your stomach can normally store roughly 3 quarts of food.
- The surgeon then cuts the small intestine and sews a section of it into the pouch.
- Food then passes through this tiny pouch in the stomach and into the small intestine i.e stitched to it.
- The majority of your stomach and the first section of your small intestine is bypassed, (hence, it is called gastric bypass surgery) and food enters the middle section of your small intestine straight.
- Surgical procedures normally take a few hours. They will keep you in the recovery room after surgery, where your medical personnel will keep an eye on your vitals.
What can you expect after gastric bypass surgery?
-After the surgery, you may have to follow some restrictions and changes in your diet chart.
-You have to take vitamin tablets, supplements, and calcium as well.
-During the first few months after weight-loss surgery, you'll also have regular medical exams to monitor your health.
-Laboratory testing and blood work may be required.
What are the benefits you can get after successful gastric bypass surgery?
- After surgery, you can lose 30-32 percent of your previous weight.
- You can overcome weight-related health issues like blood pressure, obstructive sleep apnea, diabetes(type-2), and cholesterol.
- You will feel more enthusiastic and energetic than before.
How can we help you during your recovery?
The majority of patients stay in the hospital for one to two days before returning to their hometowns. Following surgery, you will follow a phased food regimen that includes:
- For 1 day, drink only clear liquids like water and broth.
- Drinking protein shakes for the following 9 days
- Smooth meals (such as yogurt and oats) are included by day 11.
- Soft foods (chicken, eggs, and well-cooked vegetables) are introduced at 3 weeks.
- You should be able to consume almost any food after 7 weeks.
Our dietician and nutritionist will provide you with a diet chart for your easy recovery. Our medical personnel will keep an eye on your progress and report it back to your surgeon.
Why should you consider getting gastric bypass surgery in India?
India is the most favored place for orthopedic surgical treatment operations for three major reasons.
- India's cutting-edge technology,
- medical skills,
- Board-certified and experienced surgeons,
- India’s hospitable environment,
- Gastric bypass surgery costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality health care.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you need to undergo weight loss surgery treatment in India, we act as your guide throughout your treatment journey and will be present physically with you even before your treatment is started. We will provide you with the following:
- Expert physicians and surgeon’s opinions
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are committed to providing the best health care services to our patients. We have a team of trained and highly dedicated health experts who will be there by your side right from the beginning of your journey.
Conclusion-There are world-class hospitals in India that provide the greatest weight loss treatment facilities that meet international standards. So, if you're considering a trip to get your stomach surgery in India, you can definitely count on us.