Ovarian Cystectomy Treatment in India
Ovarian cystectomy refers to the surgical removal of ovarian cysts. It is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that is performed using a laparoscopic approach. Ovarian cysts are tiny fluid-filled sacs that develop on the surface of the ovaries. While some of the cysts might go away on their own others can continue to grow and multiply. Some of these might even rupture resulting in serious complications.
What is ovarian cystectomy?
Ovarian cystectomy is a surgical procedure in which doctors use a laparoscopic approach to remove ovarian cysts. Ovaries are a pair of female reproductive organs, responsible for storing eggs. Ovarian cysts are mostly the result of unhealthy ovulation, which is marked by the inability of the ovaries to release eggs. As a result of this, the ovarian follicles tend to expand and result in the formation of cysts. The problem is characterized by severe pain, abdominal bloating, and pressure. If left untreated, the patient may experience cyst rupture and ovarian torsion, both of which carry potential risks. Ovarian cystectomy helps to get rid of these cysts and alleviates the risks of associated complications.
Why choose Health Trip?
Health Trip gives you access to the finest healthcare services and facilities in India. You can plan your treatment with experts from various fields while sitting in the comfort of your home and get unparalleled assistance in tailoring your medical trip. India is a hub for blooming healthcare facilities, offering world-class, innovative treatment that is not only budget-friendly but also at par with excellence. With personalized approaches, multidisciplinary techniques and comprehensive care, we will help you walk on the journey to a healthier version of yourself.
What to expect before the procedure?
- Before the procedure, you will be required to undergo certain tests and screenings, which will help the doctors to curate a proper surgical plan.
- You will be asked to drink a bowel preparation drink to help you empty your bowels.
- You will need to inform your doctor if you are allergic to any medicine
- You will have to fast for about 12 hours prior to the surgery.
What happens during the procedure?
- The surgical procedure is performed under the influence of anesthesia, such that you do not feel any pain or discomfort.
- This is followed by preparing the surgical site and making a tiny keyhole incision on the patient's abdomen to introduce the laparoscope and surgical equipment.
- The laparoscope is a thin tube, fitted with a camera on one of its ends, that helps the doctors to have a precise view of the surgical field.
- The cysts are then carefully removed, one by one and once all the cysts are removed, the incision is closed with the help of stitches.
What to expect after the procedure?
- After the procedure, you will be shifted to the recovery room where you will be kept under keen observation.
- Your vitals will be taken occasionally to make sure that everything is normal.
- Patients usually need to stay in the hospital overnight, however, in case of any complication, the hospital stay may be extended.
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?