What Is Concierge Medicine? Why Is It Ideal For Patients Like You?
You might have heard about the term ‘concierge medicine’ in recent times. But you don't have an idea about what it’s all about. Then you will find this blog useful. Here we have tried to cover all your queries related to concierge medicine including what is a concierge doctor, why it’s ideal for patients like you, what to expect from this kind of healthcare service, and many more. Keep reading to know more.
What is a concierge doctor? What does he/she do?
A concierge doctor is a primary care physician who provides significantly more personalized services than other doctors since they charge a premium for this specific VIP medical service. Some concierge physicians charge an annual membership fee upfront, while others need a monthly retainer fee.
Because of the membership cost, the physician can only attend to a restricted number of patients. Patients do not have to be crammed into the office. They can devote more attention to each patient and address medical issues that a different doctor might have ignored.
A concierge doctor can order laboratory testing and imaging services, as well as treat many forms of health concerns.
Concierge doctors are all fully licensed, medical practitioners. Their education is no different than that of any other doctor. They attend medical school and undergo internships and residencies, just as any other doctors. Even they are eligible to do fellowships to specialize or receive any additional certificate of added qualifications.
Why a concierge doctor is ideal for patients?
There are innumerable benefits of concierge medicine over a patient’s health and treatment outcome. Here we have mentioned a few-
- Getting immediate access- When a medical emergency happens, such as a stroke or heart attack, there is frequently no doubt that something is wrong and that quick attention is required.
With concierge medicine, you have direct access to your doctor 24 hours a day, seven days a week, removing the barriers to care that can create potentially harmful delays. Our providers are always available and never more than a phone call or text away.
- Save time with concierge medicine- Concierge services also save you time by resolving issues in-house when possible rather than requiring you to travel to a professional. Your concierge staff should be able to assist with standard procedures such as gynecological checkups and treatment. Even minor plastic surgeries like mole removal can be done right away.
- More time with your doctor- While nearly half of primary care physicians plan patient visits at 15-minute intervals, concierge doctors spend approximately 35 minutes on each patient visit. When doctors are under pressure cramming between patients at 10-15 minute intervals, it's difficult to believe they aren't keeping one eye on the clock during your exam. The additional time a concierge physician spends with you allows for a thorough clinical examination rather than focusing solely on your "chief complaint," or primary reason for the visit.
- Consult a doctor from the comfort of your home- When it comes to phone conversations, texts, and emails, they can occasionally save you a trip to the doctor’s office. When you prefer, concierge practices are often good at handling simple things in that manner.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 epidemic, most clinics have implemented telemedicine allowing you to consult with your doctor from the comfort of your own home using a smartphone, computer, or tablet.
Why would most of the patients stay away from the concierge healthcare system at first?
Concierge medicine may appear to be unsuitable for individuals who are unfamiliar with how it operates.
Many people believe that having a private doctor who is paid on a recurrent basis is a luxury that only rich people can afford. This is a common misperception, as many concierge services provide payment plans that are well within most households' budgets.
Others may be apprehensive that this healthcare structure is too different from what they are used to.
Many physicians and their staffs are well-versed in assisting new patients in adjusting to the changes in such situations.
Should we consider concierge medicine as an emerging healthcare service in India?
Yes, due to the proliferation of world-class hospitals in the country, as well as the increasing number of foreign tourists, there will be a future need for hospitals and clinics to open these sections in order to improve their service standards. Similarly, many wealthy Indians seek healthcare in other nations such as the United States or the United Kingdom.
Concierge services can also assist these departing patients and their families with all aspects of their travel arrangements.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of a concierge healthcare service in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Assured quality care from the NABH accredited hospitals
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.