7 Warning Signs Of Cancer You Should Not Neglect- A Guide For Patients
In order to stay safe from the Covid pandemic, many of us have skipped our yearly screenings and check-ups, where cancers are frequently found. Though that’s understandable. However, if you notice anything unusual with your body, consult your physician right away. To help you out with this, in this blog, we have discussed what are the seven warning signs of cancer that you must look for, if you have any.
What is Cancer?
Cancer is a disease in which cells grow abnormally. It can happen in any portion of the body. It's made up of microscopic cells that have lost their ability to cease growing.
This lump or the mass expands and has the potential to spread to other parts of the body besides the initial (primary) one.
Why do you need to visit your doctor in the initial days?
The signs and symptoms of cancer vary depending on the site and stage of the disease.
The signs and symptoms of cancer may appear in other places of the body if it has spread from its original site of infection.
Because most cancer warning signs are similar to those of a common sickness, a doctor would need to perform numerous tests to confirm the diagnosis, such as x-rays, blood tests, or a biopsy. And it is diagnosed at an early stage, it can be easily preventable.
What are the seven warning signs of cancer that you should not ignore?
Whenever you notice any changes to your body, consult your doctor. However, it may not be a sign of cancer. Still do not miss the signs mentioned below, if you have any-
- Unusual bleeding- Abnormal bleeding in the feces, urine, and sputum can be caused by cancer.
Colorectal cancer can cause bleeding in the stool, but it can also be caused by hemorrhoids, infections, ulcers, or sores.
Similarly, bleeding in the urine can be caused by kidney or bladder cancer, but it could also be caused by an infection or kidney stones.
Breast cancer can be detected by bleeding from the nipples. Any unusual bleeding should be reported to a physician.
- Sudden weight loss-Weight loss that occurs suddenly despite a normal appetite should be reported to a doctor.
Rapid weight loss of more than 4 kg for no apparent reason is sometimes seen as one of the early indications of cancer. In such a case, one should seek medical advice.
- Persistent fatigue-It could be an early symptom of cancer if a person is experiencing tiredness despite receiving adequate sleep or rest. Persistent fatigue can be caused by a variety of non-cancerous disorders, thus it should be reported to a doctor for a proper diagnosis.
- Chronic pain- Pain in specific places of the body that persists could be an early symptom of cancer. For example, chronic head discomfort that does not improve despite treatment could indicate the presence of a brain tumor.
Constant back discomfort, on the other hand, could be an indication of colorectal or ovarian cancer.
To establish a definitive diagnosis, though, you'll need to conduct the appropriate tests.
- Chronic cough- For three to four weeks, a persistent cough and frequent phlegm are alarming signs. Lung cancer symptoms include a persistent cough, bloody phlegm, and difficulty breathing.
- Changes in the skin- The skin is the body's biggest organ and can aid in the diagnosis of a variety of ailments.
Any sore on the skin that takes longer to heal than usual, or if a mole or birthmark begins to change, could be a sign of cancer. The changes could potentially indicate an infection, therefore consult a doctor according to the ABCD rule:
-Asymmetry: The appearance of one half of the mole differs from the other.
-Border: The edges or borders are wavy or jagged.
-Color: The color of the mole or mark changes over time.
-Diameter: The diameter of the mole or mark exceeds 6 millimeters, which is comparable to the size of a pencil eraser.
- Presence of lumps or swelling- A doctor should examine any new lumps or masses in the body.
Breast lumps can be an indication of cancer, but other symptoms that you need to check for include-
-redness of the skin above the breast,
-a lump under the arm,
-and fluid flow from the nipples are considered the most common breast cancer symptom in women.
Scrotum, neck, and armpit lumps are also common. These lumps are usually an indication of an infection in the body, but if they continue for a long time, you should see a doctor.
Why should you consider getting cancer treatment in India?
India is the most favored place for cancer treatment operations for a few major reasons. And if you are searching for the best cancer hospital in India, we will help you out to find the same.
- India's cutting-edge reproductive techniques,
- medical skills, and
- Cancer treatment costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of cancer treatment in India.
Conclusion-By simply packing their medical journey to India, cancer treatment can substantially benefit the patient. We also offer a comprehensive range of counseling for coping with emotional changes to our international patients.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of a cancer treatment hospital in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.